Tuesday 14 September 2010

Bristol Balloon Fiesta '10

On the Thursday the fiesta started I drove up to Bristol and realised, as I drew up outside my house, that I'd forgotten my keys. Facepalm moment. Luckily my flatmate L was scheduled to arrive about half an hour after me, so I arranged to pick her and her twin up from the coach station so I could get in.
While I was waiting I could hear meowing, so I went to investigate and met this little chap:
Barry
He was sitting on the pavement meowing at anyone who went past and seemed very pleased when I went to say hello. He wove in and out of my legs and rolled about on the ground, and when I moved my foot suddenly he tried to grab and bite it! I put it down to playfulness...

That afternoon L, R and I took an exciting trip to big Sainsbury's, and I unpacked all the junk I'd brought up with me. My room looks much more homely now!
Later on we met some other people for tea (as organised by the lovely Jith) before heading down to see the nightglow at Ashton Court. (via the blackberries of Clifton)

Nightglow
It was very crowded and there was a huge chavvy funfair, which isn't exactly my thing, but it was fun for photos and the balloons were rather nice.

On Friday evening I went to the Square Sessions in Queen Square with Niall and Alex among others.
!
The music was decent too, but it was just a nice atmosphere lying around with nice people and nice cider. Niall (1 2) took some nice photos which sum it up pretty well. I could've sworn Matt did too but I can't find them!

On Saturday I had arranged to have a tea party at my house at 4pm. I got home later than I intended and baked rather panickedly. Luckily L & R are amazing bakers and made sparkly brownies and pink cupcakes, the angels! While I was hurriedly makeing whoopie pies in a saucepan on the coffee table in my bedroom and ordering Alex about, my friend C from home arrived with her boyfriend (J). She'd come up to see the balloons and I cruelly had her make cucumber sandwiches.
After lots of faff and flouryness various other people arrived, I made a big pot of tea, and we ate cake. Jith, Josh and Tom made something rather interesting. It was a small iced sponge cake with Hello Kitty's face on top, perched atop a lemon cheesecake. It was magnificent.
Posh Cat with the Hello Kitty Cheesecake
(Couldn't find a version without the cat... I have strange friends.)

After the tea party C (and J) and Niall and I decided it was too wet and miserable for the night glow (the 6pm ascent had got rained off) so we got an Indian takeaway and went to The Jersey Lily (a pub on Whiteladies Road) for a quiet drink instead.
The next morning we had brunch at Deco Lounge (shocking extravagance with the curry as well) before C & J went off for a day in Bristol and I ran away to Cornwall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boo!