Thursday 23 September 2010

Down The Lane

One of the nice things about living in the countryside (that almost makes up for isolation, lack of public transport, poor internet connection, lack of phone signal etc)is that there's so much pretty about. Just walking down the lane I see loads of lovely trees and flowers and rolling countryside that really puts Bristol to shame. Urban trees can be a nice relief from general concretey greyness and leafy garden-y areas can be pleasant, but nothing beats being surrounded by green with only the sounds of songbirds (plus the odd tractor) in the air.

Bit fanciful? Maybe. But look:

022_20levs
Barley
Brambly Hedge

Thistly Hedgetop
Honeysuckle
.

Charlynch Churchyard
Grassy
Shadowy Figure

Wheat
Sheep in the Orchard
Sunny Hedgetop

All these photos were taken on my Pentax ME Super on Fuji Superia X-Tra 400.
For more ramblings see my Gone For A Walk! set on Flickr.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely.
    I miss the countryside so much!
    Bristol is a very green city but it's still not like living in Somerset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I do love coming home and being in the middle of all this. It's interesting that whereas my older sister finds it stifling, I mostly find it liberating (although not in the direct sense because of lack of transport!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The equally awesome thing about Bristol though is that you can stand in the centre & still see the countryside outside of it. How mental is that? It's so close!

    Beautiful photos. So beautiful. I love the wheat(?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's one of those things that makes you think about where you are, like seeing the view across the city or seeing all the lights from the M5 at night.
    I can see the same TV transmitter on the Mendips from Bristol and from home. It was pretty comforting in my first few weeks to feel so close to home!
    Thankyou :)

    ReplyDelete

Boo!