Sunday 5 September 2010

Soup, Information, Ratatouille and a Horse

Literally.
Some of the things I've seen in my travels recently.

Soup!
The perfect en-route-to-the-train-station market lunch. In the lovely St Nicholas covered markets in Bristol there's a stall where real genuine Italian people sell pasta, soup and sandwiches; they're generous portions at reasonable prices too.
This was spicy red pepper and tomato soup with (giant!)croutons and parmesan on the top and a roll, it cost me £2 to go. I did my usual trick of sitting on some steps just down the way and people watching while I waited for my soup to cool a little. Lovely.
The pasta bakes look amazing too, I intend to try some next time I'm down there.

Information
These CRTs at Bristol's Temple Meads station have had a (probably) long and (definitely) useful life showing train information. On this occasion they were somewhat on the blink. (there are more tvs on the actual platforms, but they're much less convenient than these)
Just for the record, I really like travelling by train :)

Ratatouille(ish)
A sort of ratatouille (no aubergines) we made in the midst of a courgette glut. The yellow courgettes are from a neighbour's garden. The green ones are mostly from our local organic veg farm (I think), some of the tomatoes might be too. The rest will be Sainsbury's.
Ratatouille is something of a staple in our house, it's yummy and pretty healthy. We usually eat it with sausages and pasta or cous cous.

Horse
I lie, it's a Welsh Mountain Pony. But it's annoying whatever it is. These live next to our garden at home and seem to prefer our apple tree to anything available the other side of the fence. Boo and hiss.
Pony looks nice in the evening sunlight though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boo!